gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: Creating executables which use Lisp compiler

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: Creating executables which use Lisp compiler
Date: 13 Mar 2007 16:22:57 -0400

Greetings!

I feel the best solution would be to conditionalize the addition of
the -I on the :system-p compile-file option not being set.  GCL
carries a copy of cmpinclude.h in compiler::*cmpinclude-string* which
is written into each file unless :system-p is on.  Somewhat wasteful,
but much more portable.  I'd leave si::*system-directory* alone if at
all possible.  Several autoloads will break unless this setting and
others like it are correct.  See si::reset-sys-paths, which is used in
the Debian gcl package when installing gcl in a fresh location.

I think this could go into 2.6.8pre if it is important to axiom.

Take care,