gcl-devel

RE: [Gcl-devel] ANSI pathname patches

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: [Gcl-devel] ANSI pathname patches
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 09:51:47 +1000

Hi Michael.

|   i still wonder where this make-pathname problem broke Maxima, because
|   my Maxima had been compiled with my GCL before ...

In lisp-utils/defsystem.lisp:

(defmacro defsystem (name &rest definition-body)
  (unless (find :source-pathname definition-body)
    (setf definition-body
          (list* :source-pathname
                 '(when *load-pathname*
                        (make-pathname :name nil
                                       :type nil
                                       :defaults *load-pathname*))
                 definition-body)))
  `(create-component :defsystem ',name ',definition-body nil 0))

| > | and axiom builds are broken
| > If the same root cause then also fixed.  Haven't time to try it yet.
|
|   I never found the time to rework the Axiom build, to build from
|   an installed system, in a normal way. So I dont know if Axiom is
|   broken by my patch. Anythink you need, besides deleting #+gcl to
|   remove some incompatibility branch, could be considered a bug of
|   my patch as the goal is "application level of ANSI conformance".
|   There are a few places where ANSI breaks CLtL compatibiltiy, I
|   hope I covered them in a application compatibile way.
|
| > Best regards and many thanks for the quick fix,
|
|   I broke it - so it was trivial for me to fix it ;)

The last time I broke the HEAD it I took several weeks to realise I had done
so and a week to fix it.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.