gcl-devel

RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: RE: FW: [Gcl-devel] Floating-point performance of GCL? Bug?
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:45:47 +1000

Hi James.

Thanks for taking the time out to look at this when you are so busy with the
Maxima release.

| P.S. Perhaps you knew all that and you are worried about the difference
| between "compile" and "minimal-load" combined with "compile during
| load." There I can't help you.

Actually I didn't know any of that stuff; in fact I was wondering about both
the difference between "compile" and "minimal-load" and also the
funcall/intern stuff.  It's the latter kinds of "subtleties" in CL that make
me feel so much happier when using the SML/Haskell language family (or
Scheme for that matter) - unfortunately those languages don't yet have major
programs like Maxima under their belts, so here I am for better or worse,
stumbling around in the dark!

Cheers

Mike Thomas.