gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] readline support

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] readline support
Date: 03 Jan 2004 23:46:05 -0500

[ re: command line completion with readline enabled GCL and derivatives]

Greetings!  OK, I've got something now that works like this for GCL.

sym        completes to       external syms current package + used packages
pk:sym     completes to       external syms of pk + used packages
:sym       completes to       keyword symbols
::sym      completes to       internal symbols of current package + used
packages
pk::sym    completes to       internal symbols of pk + used packages

I'll probably commit shortly.  But it would be great if we could
extend a bit to get useful behavior under maxima et.al.  The maxima
functions appear to correspond to internal symbols in the maxima
package with a $ prepended.  Perhaps we could have a user definable
function to translate back and forth from user input text to text to
be matched against lisp symbols.  We also need to figure out what to
do regarding character case.

Suggestions for maxima/acl2/axiom appreciated.

Take care,