gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: address@hidden: Acl2 on gcl on Mac OS X]

From: Gregory Wright
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Re: address@hidden: Acl2 on gcl on Mac OS X]
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 22:05:56 -0500

Hi,

ACL2 builds on Mac OS X under OpenMCL if you use the darwinports system
(similar to fink). See http://darwinports.opendarwin.org. Once you've downloaded
and built darwinports, issue the command

sudo port install

from the math/acl2 directory. If you type

sudo port install +certify

it will certify the books. This can take some time (about eight and a half hours
on a powerbook G4 800 MHz).

A number of patches are required; these are automatically applied. If you're interested
in them look in the math/acl2/files directory.

I'd like to get gcl to build under darwinports (acl2 would then run a bit faster) but
haven't found the time to do it yet.

Best Wishes,
Greg Wright