gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM build with hacked GCL

From: Mark Murray
Subject: [Gcl-devel] Re: [Axiom-developer] AXIOM build with hacked GCL
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 16:03:36 +0000

root writes:
> Mark,
>
> There are 2 shell variables that can affect where axiom will look for things.
>
> The first, called AXIOM, defines where the system lives.

This is the one that seems to be broken by the local patching.

> When set it during the build time it tells the build 2 pieces of information:
>
> AXIOM=(yourpath)/axiom/mnt/(sys)
>
> The (yourpath) tells the build where the sources live.
> The (sys) tells the build what kind of target system to build.
> (It is possible to do cross-compiles to other (sys) but we don't yet
> exploit that).

Right.

> The second variable is DAASE. It is set to the path ABOVE the algebra
> directory. Thus if the databases (*.daase) live in (yourDBpath)/algebra
> you would set:
>
> DAASE=(yourDBpath)
>
> Remember to leave the "algebra" directory off the end of the path.
> This variable is only used during test builds. I play games with the
> database locations. Users should not have to set this variable but
> Camm may use it to point to other databases.

I need to use this too, it seems, as it fixes problems. The install
location is not the same as the build location, and the build location
seems to become hardcoded into AXIOMsys after the Debian fixes are in.

Mark Murray
iumop ap!sdn w,I idlaH