gcl-devel

[Gcl-devel] RE: readline and axiom

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Gcl-devel] RE: readline and axiom
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:51:17 -0500

Camm,

Is it usual for GCL to ouput a long stream of messages
following the

  (si::init-readline)

call? What I see when I start the --endable-static image
that was generated during the Axiom build after the
(si::init-readline) is

  starting address -T 0x86b04c0 Finished loading ... gcl_readline.o
  "Gcl"
  1
  (":INTERN: ":STEP" .....

   etc. for about 200 lines of output or so

  ... "PUSH-OPTION-BINDING")

After which readline actually does behave as I had
hoped and allows me to edit.

Regards,
Bill Page.