gcl-devel

Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...

From: Raymond Toy
Subject: Re: [Gcl-devel] Todo list...
Date: 17 May 2002 17:42:09 -0400

    Camm> OK, I've just checked in an implementation which returns the pair as a
    Camm> *cons*.  This probably isn't right, but either a list wrapper could be
    Camm> written in arraylib.lsp, or someone could kindly explain to me what
    Camm> *lisp object* the answer would form.  It is probably simpler to do
    Camm> this at the C level right to begin with.

A cons is definitely wrong.  I see 2 ways to do this.  Return a cons,
but don't call the function array-displacement.  Then have the Lisp
function array-displacement call this internal function have have it
return (values array offset).

Alternatively, look at how ceiling or floor is implemented and do what
it does to get the desired return values.  And call this function
array-displacement, which should probably be in the LISP or
COMMON-LISP package.

Thanks for fixing this so quickly!!!!!

Ray