gap-discuss

Re: [gap-discuss] OpenStep design documents found

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [gap-discuss] OpenStep design documents found
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2018 10:24:22 +0200

Hi John,

John Howard wrote:

There are some minor differences between OpenStep 1994 and 1996.  I am interested in the original design reconstructed from these two versions before Apple bought NeXT.  By contrast, GNUstep policy legacy supports Apple extensions for compatibility sake.

all this is historically very interesting, I wonder what relevance it has to GNUstep and specifically to GAP where you are writing this (GNUstep Application Project)

If the documents you find spot something missing or wrong in our AppKit implementaiton, then things are best directed to GNUstep.

If you have OpenStep software you want ported to GNUstep this is the best place!

or well.. just tell us more :)

Riccardo