gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune: open files

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune: open files
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 19:07:36 +0100

On Sunday, January 27, 2013 00:39 CET, Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi developers,
>
> Sebastian noticed and I was able to reproduce that on Mac too, that
> Cynthiune opens just too many file descriptors, until it exhausts them:
> apparently one for each file added.
> This is a showstopper for the upcoming release (Nad I remember noticing
> that back then, but just on OpenBSD while it is a general problem).
>
> Suggestions welcome, I hope I'll be able to look at it tomorrow or soon
> enough.

I found one leaked filedescriptor in Bundles/VorbisTags/VorbisTags.m, which
I just fixed, but that did not helped with the main issue :(

What I noticed is that:
When you add a song, and Cynthiune is playing, then only one FD is leaked,
when it is not playing, then two two seem to be leaked.

I found when I comment out the line:
[self _updatePlayerSong: notifiedFirstSong];

in PlaylistController.m
- (void) _oPanelDidEnd: (NSOpenPanel *) oPanel
            returnCode: (int) result
           contextInfo: (void *) contextInfo

then its always only one leak left. So far, I haven't seen any problem
with that, but may have overlooked something.
Maybe this helps someone to get onto the right track.

cheers,
Sebastian