g-wrap-dev

Re: Lame Licence info

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: Lame Licence info
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2019 16:49:31 -0300

Hi again,

> > In the m4 directory is a lgpl3 licenced file: guile.m4 That makes it
> > impossible to release under lgpl2.1 there are also files in /m4
> > refering to the programs
> > license that is lgpl2.1 or later, I guess you must now release all as lgpl3
> > ?
>
> I am sorry for the very long delay answering your question.
>
> afaict, no: (a) the GPL and the LGPL are compatible, so this is permitted,
> and (b)
> the license of the 'modified program' remains GPL (the license always either
> remains or either becomes the strongest).

Sorry I confused two emails (and I am far from being an expert), but the above
reasoning remains valid, and so you are right, it becomes lpgl3+

Is this a problem? What is the license under which you release your work, I
mean the
work that depends on G-Wrap? G-Wrap depends on Guile, so afaiu, no matter what,
the
minimum license under which you could release is precisely the lgpl3+?

Cheers,
David