fxscintilla-users

Re: [fxscintilla-users] Cygwin configure does not work

From: Gilles Filippini
Subject: Re: [fxscintilla-users] Cygwin configure does not work
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:54:45 +0100

David Hisel wrote:

> >  % ./configure --with-foxinclude=/usr/include --with-foxlib=/usr/lib
>
> this didn't help, the same error occurred.
>
> Actually, it seems like a linker problem...it can't find the function
> 'fxfindfox' that you put in as a test.  There is no function in the Fox
> libs that is named fxfindfox and there is no function body in your code
> snippet used for the test.

Very strange. I've just downloaded and installed fox 1.0.26.
There _is_ a fxfindfox function in the Fox lib:

 maison:~/fox-1.0.26/src$ grep fxfindfox *.cpp
 fxutils.cpp:extern "C" FXAPI void fxfindfox(void){ }
 maison:~/fox-1.0.26/src$

How did you install fox? Please make sure the fxutil.cpp fox source file
is provided and linked with your Fox lib.

You may also try this:

1- Create the file conftest.c:
----------------------------
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */char
fxfindfox ();
int
main ()
{
fxfindfox ();
  ;
  return 0;
}

2- Compile it using the command line:
gcc -o conftest.exe -g -O2  -I/usr/include  -L/usr/lib -lFOX conftest.c

That _should_ work.

3- Rename contest.c to conftest.cc

4- Compile it using the command line:
g++ -o conftest.exe -g -O2  -I/usr/include  -L/usr/lib -lFOX conftest.cc

And tell me what happens.
BTW, which gcc version are you using?

_gilles.