fsuk-manchester

Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: OpenMoko Demonstration 2008 video

From: green h
Subject: Re: [Fsuk-manchester] Re: OpenMoko Demonstration 2008 video
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 16:46:32 -0000

... who's this Des Browne geezer Tim?
----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Dobson
Sent: Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:37 PM

Michael Dorrington wrote:
> Tim, really good work getting the videos up.
>
> I'm going to create a collection of our talk videos with slides and
> other free software videos to burn to DVD that we can hand out meetings
> and events.

thanks! :)

That's a good idea. I was going to say;

Would it be worth trying to link to videos of the talks that have
happened here:
http://groups.fsf.org/wiki/Manchester/Meetings

Currently there are a fair number of videos online (and a lot more
sitting around over here needing uploading!) but there's no clear or
easy way of finding them. Obviously this means there is fairly little
impact of uploading them if only very few people are able to find them.

Since I got my newish video camera, recording talks has got considerably
easier than it was and as a result I think (almost) every talk since Jon
Sprigg's on microblogging has been uploaded *somewhere*. (James
Wallbank's talk is currently uploading and I think is the only odd one
out at the moment)

As far as I know the following talks were recorded on video:

Matthew Bloch (No video recorded)

Aidan McGuire (No video recorded)

Stuart Langbridge (Recorded Andy Halsall, uploaded and on archive.org)

Alex Hudson (Recorded by Andy Halsall, we repeatedly asked Alex for his
slides to the presentation since the LCD screen the slides were on
didn't show up very well but we never got the slides. I think Andy has
still has the video but I'd have to check and wouldn't bank on it.)

John Leach (Recorded by Andy Halsall, Unreleased. I think Andy has still
has the video but I'd have to check and wouldn't bank on it.)

Richard Rothwell (Sadly, not recorded)

John McKerrell (I wasn't at this talk but I believe it wasn't recorded)

Ian Forrester (Video recorded by Ian Forrester, video shows the audience
though you do get audio of the talk itself. I think it is on blip.tv)

Mick Fuzz (Video recorded by Mick Fuzz, I've asked him for it
repeatedly. Ultimately no response.)

Dave Crossland (Video recorded by me, online on archive.org but has no
audio due to transcoding fail. I have master version still (as for the
record) does Dave Crossland so I need to process & reupload.

Tim/Michael/Enrico Openmoko/Lightning talks (Video recorded by me (sort
of!) though audience members were responsible for pointing the camera in
the right direction. Online at archive.org

Elmar Geese (Video recorded by me. Video on my computer, unprocessed (I
think?), needs processing & uploading)

Ian Lynch (Video recorded by me I think, though I can only just remember
filming it? - can anyone confirm. No idea where the footage is but if it
exists, I must have it). It may well still be on tape... :-/

Chris Maiden/James Panton (Video recorded by me, processed. I think it
was then backed up onto a DVD. I need to find the DVD and upload.)

John Adams (Video recorded by me I think, though I can only just
remember filming it? - can anyone confirm. No idea where the footage is
but if it exists, I must have it). It may well still be on tape... :-/

Des Browne (talk took place as a discussion in Odder bar. No video. I
think I recorded some audio on my laptop but I suspect I binned it due
to large amounts of background noise. No video)

Steven Flower (Recorded by me on handheld Aiptek video camera in VGA
with occasional use of Digital Zoom. Online at archive.org)

Jon Spriggs (Recorded by me using Sanyo WH1 in VGA with desk tripod and
use of optical zoom. Online at archive.org)

Dan Lynch (Recorded by me using Sanyo WH1 in HD with desk tripod and use
of optical zoom. VGA version online at archive.org - need upload HD version)

Enrico Zini (Recorded by me using Sanyo WH1 in VGA with desk tripod and
use of optical zoom. Online at blip.tv I *think* and I *hope*
archive.org - I should have masters if there are issues)

James Wallbank (Recorded by me using Sanyo WH1 in VGA with desk tripod
and use of optical zoom. Soon to be online at archive.org)

Michael Sparks (Recorded by me using Sanyo WH1 in VGA with desk tripod
and use of optical zoom. Online at archive.org)

---

Once we have a definitive list of online talks, we can go through and
make sure they are all available in free formats.

Tim