fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

[FSF] First text to be translated

From: William Theaker
Subject: [FSF] First text to be translated
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:40:27 -0400

Hi everyone,
I'm William, the Outreach and Communication Coordinator at the FSF, and
I will be helping organize the Free Software Supporter this month.
Here are the items so far for this month:

###  A distress call from a company threatened by a patent troll

*From July 11th*

The FSF recently received a message from a software company in the
legislative sights of the notorious patent troll NeoMedia
Technologies. The company's lawyer, Charles Kramer, asked us to share
a message with our supporters.

  *
<https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/a-distress-call-from-a-company-threatened-by-a-patent-troll>

### Customers streaming away from Netflix

*From July 3rd*

Remember Turn off the TV Week? This summer, we have an even better
reason to spend less time in front of a screen: Netflix is
collaborating with the World Wide Web Consortium to destroy Web
freedom.

  *
<https://www.defectivebydesign.org/customers-streaming-away-from-Netflix>

### German Parliament elections: The parties' positions on free software

*By FSF Europe, from July 3rd*

The Free Software Foundation Europe published its free software
related election questions for this fall's elections to the German
parliament, which will take place on September 22.

  * <https://fsfe.org/news/2013/news-20130703-01.en.html>

As always, please reply to the list with any translations or corrections
you have. Thank you all for helping us expand the free software movement
to Spanish speakers. Let me know if you have any questions.
Best,

William Theaker