fsfwww-translators-es-discuss

[FSF] Supporter item: GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 19 new GNU releases

From: Zak Rogoff
Subject: [FSF] Supporter item: GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 19 new GNU releases!
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:40:41 -0400

### GNU Spotlight with Karl Berry: 19 new GNU releases!

New GNU releases this month (as of May 28, 2013):

* autogen-5.17.4
* gmp-5.1.2
* rcs-5.9.0
* automake-1.13.2
* gnubatch-1.8
* solfege-3.22.0
* dap-3.8
* gnupg-2.0.20
* ucommon-6.0.5
* denemo-1.0.2
* help2man-1.42.1
* xboard-4.7.1
* freeipmi-1.2.7
* libmicrohttpd-0.9.27
* xorriso-1.3.0
* gawk-4.1.0
* nettle-2.7.1
* glpk-4.50
* parallel-20130522

To get announcements of most new GNU releases, subscribe to the info-gnu
mailing list: <http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/info-gnu>.  Nearly
all GNU software is available from <http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/>, or
preferably one of its mirrors (<http://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html>).  You
can use the URL <http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/> to be automatically
redirected to a (hopefully) nearby and up-to-date mirror.

Last month I erroneously gave Jeffrin Jose as the author of the new GNU
package guile-sdl.  Its author is actually Thien-Thi Nguyen, who also
maintains GNU RCS and GNU Alive.  Sorry, Thien-Thi!  However, I can
now welcome Jeffrin as the new maintainer of GNU Gleem, so no one is
left out :).  I'd also like to welcome Michael Petch as a new
co-maintainer of gnubg (GNU Backgammon).

I'd also like to mention the GNU Hackers Meeting for 2013, scheduled to
take place from August 22 to August 25 in Paris, France.  More
information at <http://www.gnu.org/ghm/2013/paris/>.

A number of GNU packages, as well as the GNU operating system as a
whole, are looking for maintainers and other assistance.  Please see
<http://www.gnu.org/server/takeaction.html#unmaint> if you'd like to
help.  The general page on how to help GNU is at
<http://www.gnu.org/help/help.html>.  To submit new packages to the GNU
operating system, see <http://www.gnu.org/help/evaluation.html>.

As always, please feel free to write to me, <address@hidden>, with any
GNUish questions or suggestions for future installments.