[Fsfe-uk] Pirate Party Gets Second Seat in European Parliament

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Pirate Party Gets Second Seat in European Parliament
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:01:12 +0000 (GMT)

  "With the Lisbon Treaty being signed by all European Union member
  states, the Pirate Party has gained another seat in the European
  Parliament. The second Pirate Party seat will be occupied by the 22
  year old Amelia Andersdotter, who will become the youngest Member of
  the European Parliament."

  "Ironically, The Pirate Party was against the Lisbon Treaty, which
  has now doubled the number of seats the party has in the European
  Parliament."

  Source:
http://torrentfreak.com/pirate-party-gets-second-seat-in-european-parliament-091104/

I pondered pirate party membership in
http://mjray.ukgovoss.org/2009/08/20/green-or-pirate-party-membership/
but so far think that I should remain independent.  It's not like
bottom-layer councils can do much beyond small practical steps to help
free software anyway.  For example, displays for our next consultation
event have been prepared in OpenOffice.

Could the recent launch of http://www.conservativecoops.com/ (the
movement, not the website that seems to be one person's soapbox) do
interesting things for Conservative views of cooperatively-developed
free software?  Or are all parties more liberal in opposition?
--
MJ Ray (slef)  Webmaster and LMS developer at     | software