[Fsfe-uk] Information acessibility - Transport for London website

From: Chris Lale
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Information acessibility - Transport for London website
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:46:05 +0000

Here is another public service website with problems.

I tried to access tube guru at http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/guru using Mozilla
1.7.3 and got this message: "you may have an old browser. If you have
IE5.5 or Netscape 7 or later, you should be fine.
Some earlier versions may also work ok. If not - please get a new
browser."

Here is their reply:

<snip>

I am sorry if you are unable to use the Tube Guru function with Mozilla. I
am aware of a project to provided accessibility for many more browser
packages (such as Opera and Firefox for example) and this will look to
ensure all areas of our website function correctly when using these
packages.

Unfortunately, I do not have a specific time frame for this work, but
please
be assured that we are aware of a few compatibility problems and are
working
on solutions.

</snip>

--