Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?

From: Nick Mailer
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BECTA discriminate against FLOSS?
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:18:18 +0000

I wrote a book about the Internet in education, and so had to deal with BECTA (or NCET, as it then was). I found them to be a stultifyingly dull little quango, and recent evidence suggests nothing much has changed. They always seemed to attract people with little or no imagination, who used to do little more than find a nice, warm corporate nest in which to put all their eggs. I really wouldn't hold out hope for any particularly enlightened or courageous stance from this bureaucratic sludge-tank, whatever data they manage to cook up one way or the other. Microsoft has nothing to fear herefrom.