Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Source Takes on Hardware Biz

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Source Takes on Hardware Biz
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:20:46 +0000

>  Advocates say the
> development shows that the open-source movement isn't just about
> software anymore

Shame these 'advocates' suddenly realised even the 'open-source
movement' had higher goals.

I promptly post this as I am coming across this everywhere taking up too
much of my time that if people want to discuss non software issues Open
Source and Free software have a very wide gulf of differences.

We need to promote the sharing and cooperative message at the level of
people (schools, real communiites etc.) that is the foundation of free
softwaremovement AFAIK.

Also is it correct to refer to the OSI or whatever as a movement.
Movement is more like 'Exodus -- movement of the people' to me :)

Any links to this message (apart from the obvious GNU web pages) is most
welcome. Will save me lots of time to concentrate on other matters.

Regards,

Ramanan