Re: [Fsfe-uk] [ALUG] Microsoft and schools (fwd)

From: Richard Smedley
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] [ALUG] Microsoft and schools (fwd)
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 12:02:13 -0000 (GMT)

> Microsoft boss Bill Gates has promoted laptops for pupils
>  Schools across the UK could save up to £50m on Microsoft software over
> the
> next three years.
> The Education Secretary, Charles Clarke, said Microsoft had reached an
> agreement with the government's educational technology agency, Becta.
> "This kind of agreement shows the advantages in co-ordinated procurement
> for
> schools across the country."
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/3291279.stm

OK - we need to get more details and do a press release
on how schools could save far more that this, and do
many other things, with Free Software.

I'll be back online later today, meanwhile does anyone
have any more info on this agreement?

 - Richard

--

Today I be mostly reading about ecological philosophy...
http://www.permaculture.co.uk/erc/erc38.html