Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Group doing Open Source

From: Ramanan Selvaratnam
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Open Group doing Open Source
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 22:12:23 +0100

Alex Hudson wrote:

[...] I'm not sure why so few people I know go
though; I must move in different circles.

If I am correct, the lineup has a freesoftware/opensource connotation at every turn. I am surprised that there is not much more people too.

ScotlandIs looks interesting as a onestop shop to get more audience.

Hmm, they do look interesting. Do we have any Scottish subscribers to
fsfe-uk? I suspect few.. it would be worth seeing if they would be
interested in setting up a Free Software SIG, they seem to be fairly
'innovation' oriented.

There is a scheduled UKUUG/LDC meets Edinburgh LUG (in a pub of course) session too. Should be interesting to see if there is a SIG potential here. MJR might be able to make some connections here.
<http://www.edlug.ed.ac.uk>

[...]Are you actually taking a push bike,
or a motorcycle?

Mercifully GNER has a free bicycle carriage policy.
The main point being I can carry any number of leaflets.
I am yet to make contact with the correct people due to mail problems.
Will update soon.

Best wishes,

Ramanan