[Fsfe-uk] FW: RE: MS Word Documents

From: jimvin
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] FW: RE: MS Word Documents
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:18:43 +0100

fyi...

--- Begin Message --- Subject: RE: MS Word Documents Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:47:43 +0100
Jim Halfpenny

Thank you for your email.
Thank you for your email. I understand that the forthcoming 'Framework for
local government' will be published on our website in HTML, with supporing
PDF and MS Word downloads. These are are the primary e-distribution formats
on our website.

We do use RTF, but we have found, particularly with illustrated material,
that the file sizes tend to be large and indeed RTF also has proprietary
issues that some users cannot handle.

For those who have asked for the document to be emailed directly to them -
then MS Word appears the preferred attachment. But of course our Guidelines
are for websites not for email systems.

Happy to discuss

Tom Adams
Office of the e-Envoy

Tom Adams | Senior Digital Media Consultant |
eConsulting | e-Communications | Office of the e-Envoy | Stockley House
email address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>
| tel: +44 (0)20 7276 3464 | fax: +44 (0)20 7276 3290

Guidelines for UK government websites -
http://www.e-envoy.gov.uk/webguidelines.htm from The Office of the
e-Envoy - leading the UK in its drive to be the best place in the world
for e-Commerce.