Re: [External] Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: Native TTF name sometimes contains cr

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [External] Aw: Re: Re: Re: Re: Native TTF name sometimes contains crap
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2021 17:06:09 +0900

+1

Also I hope if Balakrishna-san changes the subject to the current issue.
I think current issue is unrelated with the crap in the TTF names.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

On 2021/10/25 16:44, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

We want to create fonts using pixelsize of the order of 14, which
would eventually be displayed on DPI 114 display device.  However,
the fonts are not looking smoother at this pixel size.

Any special settings that we need enable make the fonts smoother?
Like sub-pixel rendering enable OR HINTING or anything.

Please define what you exactly mean with 'smoother', probably by
giving some example images to look at.