Re: Truetype scaled font issue

From: Adam Twardoch (Lists)
Subject: Re: Truetype scaled font issue
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 09:32:27 +0200

The first image looks like it's coming from either an embedded bitmap or
from native TrueType hinting. The second looks like it's rasterized from
the outline.

Either way, it's not a matter of FreeType itself but of how it's used.
FreeType CAN render native TrueType hinting and/or embedded bitmaps but it
has modes where it ignores those. The operating system or app chooses which
mode it uses.