Patch for docs related to drop of freetype-config

From: Fredrick Brennan
Subject: Patch for docs related to drop of freetype-config
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2021 09:37:42 -0400

Between FreeType 2.9 and 2.9.1, freetype-config was removed. I recommend that docs/VERSIONS.TXT be changed to remove mention of it.

Without this change, it seems like systems without a working pkg-config installation can still fallback post 2.9.1, when they cannot.

It is up to you what to do about the fact that the Autotools (and perhaps CMake) build(s) can still be convinced to install this script with the right flags, but the Meson build cannot. I think the related files should be removed everywhere, everyone has had enough time. I can prepare a larger patch if you wish.

--

Best,
Fred Brennan This pixel art was drawn by Fred Brennan based on large format art drawn by @PocketFurry (Twitter username).

GnuPG: 6F12 EC72 A82A BCA3 5235 063A 10DD C983 901A A183
Twitter: @fr_brennan
Personal website <https://ctrlcctrlv.github.io/>