Re: Maximum length of 'kern' table supported in .ttf?

From: Rob T
Subject: Re: Maximum length of 'kern' table supported in .ttf?
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2021 22:18:58 +0100

I checked and the largest subtable has 40k entries. I don't notice a problem
but was curious if converting .ttf with GPOS to .ttf with 'kern' would retain
all 200k kern pairs. It seems it does. Presumably kerning functions exactly the
same in either format from the user perspective?

So this is good news until the purveyors of WPS Office etc. get round to
implementing GPOS support.