Re: emoji colorized gyphs

From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro
Subject: Re: emoji colorized gyphs
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2021 19:25:23 +1200

On Tue, 6 Apr 2021 09:03:08 +0200, Anthony Rouaux wrote:

> 1\ Can you point me to a public font file that you used to do your
> implementation of that feature?

Google’s Noto Color Emoji font is one I have used.

> 2\ Do you have an simple example of code that I could use as a
> starting point.

Here’s one
<https://github.com/ldo/harfpy_examples/blob/master/region-flags>,
which produced this output:
<https://www.deviantart.com/default-cube/art/Region-Flags-861126407>.

> I am probably not
> using the correct FT_xxx function and this leads to a segmentation
> fault when I tried to decode the font file.

It is really easier to use higher-level libraries like HarfBuzz and
Cairo, which is what I did.