Is font rendering sharper under Wayland?

From: Richard L
Subject: Is font rendering sharper under Wayland?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 23:31:26 +0000

Hi,

I have recently switched to Wayland on my desktop (KDE Plasma) and think I have
noticed that text is rendered sharper under Wayland. Is this technically
possible given that Wayland is just a protocol, or am I just imagining it? I
guess precisely it is Kwin-Wayland that is being used instead of Kwin-X.
(my freetype settings are RGB antialiasing on, hinting off)
Rob