Re: Getting victory hands symbol from Wingdings

From: Andreas Falkenhahn
Subject: Re: Getting victory hands symbol from Wingdings
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 20:54:02 +0200

On 18.08.2020 at 20:48 Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> Alas, no.  I did a quick search and couldn't find something.
> However, you might do `git bisect` to find the fix.

I'll do that. So do newer versions also provide a synthesized
Unicode charmap in case there is none? I was a bit confused
by your first reply in which you said that when you open the
font "face->num_charmaps" is 2. This would mean that the latest
FreeType version does NOT synthesize a Unicode charmap if there
is none in the TTF because 2 indicates that just the charmaps
physically stored inside the TTF are used.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andreas@falkenhahn.com