Re: Missing Acute Accent

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: Missing Acute Accent
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 10:34:44 +0200 (CEST)

> I am a user who using FreeType open source for our application. I
> noticed that there is missing some characters of Acute Accent, they
> are Ǵ <https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+01F4> and ǵ which can be
> referred here https://www.compart.com/en/unicode/U+01F5
>
> These characters have Unicode value of 0x01F4 and 0x01F5.  Could you
> let me know if they are not supported or did I miss something to get
> them?

It's not clear to me whether the whole character is missing or just
the accent.

* You are using a font that lacks those two characters.  FreeType
  can't fix this, of course.

* You are rendering at a very small size, and the font doesn't contain
  hinting instructions.  In this case it is possible that the accent
  glyph is so small that only the base character is visible.