[ft] Fwd: Re: This is the "perfect" Makefile for FreeType library buildi

From: Nagy Károly
Subject: [ft] Fwd: Re: This is the "perfect" Makefile for FreeType library building on an AmigaOne
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2018 18:02:06 +0000

*** Begin of forwarded message ***

Date: 2018.11.09. 19:01:10
From: Nagy Károly <address@hidden>
Subject: Re: This is the "perfect" Makefile for FreeType library building
on an AmigaOne

--- Forwarded message follows ---

> Attached is a new version, implementing your findings.

Before building...
At first look at this new version of Makefile, I saw the following line
very suspiciously:

gxvalid.ppc.o: gxvalid.c
    $(CC) -c $(CFLAGS) -Wno-aggregate-return $< -o $@

After building...
My sinister thought came true, but after extending VPATH with
"../../src/gxvalid \", the building process almost ran perfectly, there are
only some warnings as you can see in the attached "build_log.txt" (and I
attached the modified Makefile, too)

How should we eliminate those warnings from
gxvalid/gxvalid.c/gxvjust.c/gxvmort.c and otvalid/otvmod.c? Can you report
it to the Developers of FreeType?

Have a good night-time.

On 2018.11.09., you wrote:

>> After replacing "FT:" with "../../" in VPATH variable, the Makefile
>> began to work...

> Well...  It seems that the Amiga port of GNU make can handle device
> names (containing `:') only in targets but not in VPATH.  Too bad.

> Attached is a new version, implementing your findings.

>     Werner
*** End of forwarded message ***