Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] FT_Done_Face Should Not Return An Error
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 06:28:18 +0200 (CEST)

>>> * For backward compability, it should continue to return
>>> FT_Err_Ok.
>>
>> It should return what it already returns.
>
> But it returns an error code.  But above you said it “shouldn’t
> return an error code at all”.  So here you saying it *should* return
> an error code.

You sound as if you suggest to *always* return FT_Err_Ok.  I suggest
that the function returns the various error codes it already returns,
for backward compatibility.

For me, FT_Done_Face is just a wrapper around `free'.  If you want
finer control for whatever reasons, simply replace `free' with a
custom deallocator.