Re: [ft] writing fonts

From: Tom Bishop, Wenlin Institute
Subject: Re: [ft] writing fonts
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 13:34:44 -0500

> On Jan 25, 2018, at 12:32 PM, Shawn Riordan <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Can Freetype write font files, as well as read them?  I browsed the code and
> nothing jumped out at me.
>
> I need to write any font to a WOFF file.  So I can then insert that into an
> SVG file.

I don't think FreeType is suitable for that.

I recommend sfnt2woff for converting various font formats into woff. You can
search on github.com to find sfnt2woff in various versions.

Good luck!

Tom

Wenlin Institute, Inc. SPC (a Social Purpose Corporation)
文林研究所社会目的公司
Software for Learning Chinese
E-mail: address@hidden     Web: http://www.wenlin.com
Telephone: 1-877-4-WENLIN (1-877-493-6546)
☯