[ft] GSoC has ended

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [ft] GSoC has ended
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 16:47:03 +0200 (CEST)

GSoC 2017 has ended, and two participants (Kushal and Ewald) have
successfully finished.  Congrats to both of you!

  Ewald: Adding support for Type 1 fonts to Adobe CFF Engine
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2017-08/msg00148.html

  Kushal: Test framework for FreeType's rendering output
  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2017-08/msg00154.html

It was a nice collaboration, and I hope that you have enjoyed it, too.
Ewald's code will eventually be added to master after the next
FreeType release (which I will publish this month).  It's not clear
yet where Kushal's code will be added – maybe it belongs into a
separate git repository, together with fonts used for testing.  I'm
open to any suggestions.

Both Ewald and Kushal have stated that they want to continue their
work on FreeType, which makes me feel better :-)

This was the first time FreeType participated in GSoC, and I believe
it was a success.  If you have suggestions for further GSoC ideas,
please drop me an e-mail so that I can update and extend our webpage!

  https://www.freetype.org/gsoc.html