Re: [ft] Freetype2-dev package not found when crosscompiling

From: Nikolaus Neusser
Subject: Re: [ft] Freetype2-dev package not found when crosscompiling
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2016 07:22:35 +0100

Have you confirmed that it came from freetype2-dev for the target, not from that
for the host?
If you've confirmed, how did you do that?

Good point, no i didn't. Though, i wouldn't know how to confirm that.

Have you confirmed that it was caused by a failure from pkg-config query?
There is no possibility that qmake does something different (e.g. checking
WITHOUT pkg-config)?
If you've confirmed, how did you do that?

No, i haven't. All i know is, that the developer of the plugin told me, that
freetype2 is found through pkg-config.

Thanks so far,
Nik

I'm away from Qt for a while, I cannot remember how Qt plugin is configured &
how qmake works for...
Let me confirm a few points.

    - letting pkg-config search for it on the host: -> it's there
        pkg-config --modversion freetype2
        -> 18.0.12
Have you confirmed that it came from freetype2-dev for the target, not from that
for the host?
If you've confirmed, how did you do that?

    - qmake fails with the message: "Project ERROR: freetype2 development package
not found"
Have you confirmed that it was caused by a failure from pkg-config query?
There is no possibility that qmake does something different (e.g. checking
WITHOUT pkg-config)?
If you've confirmed, how did you do that?

Regards,
mpsuzuki

Nikolaus Neusser wrote:
Hi @all,

i am trying to crosscompile a plugin for QT5.6, but the necessary freetype2
development package is not found by
pkg-config.

I tried lot's of "hints" i found by google, but i am stuck.
So, i am not a crosscompiling-linux-expert, but if you could give me some hints
i would appreciate it a lot.

my system:
    - Host: debian 8, jessie
    - target: raspberry pi 1, raspbian, jessie
    - i installed: libfreetype2-dev on the target through sudo apt-get install
    - i updated my host sysroot

Crosscompiling the plugin:
    - qmake fails with the message: "Project ERROR: freetype2 development package
not found"
    - i export the following variables before running qmake
          sysroot=~/opt_qt_for_rpi/qt5.6.1-1/sysroot
          export PKG_CONFIG_SYSROOT_DIR=${sysroot}
          export PKG_CONFIG_DIR=
          export PKG_CONFIG_DEBUG_SPEW=1
          export
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR=${sysroot}/usr/lib/pkgconfig:${sysroot}/usr/share/pkgconfig
          export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=${sysroot}
          export
COMPILER_PATH=~/opt_qt_for_rpi/qt5.6.1-1/tools/arm-bcm2708/gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-raspbian-x64/bin

This is what i tried so far:
    - searching for "ft2build.h" on the host: -> it's there
      ..sysroot/usr/include/freetype2/ft2build.h

    - letting pkg-config search for it on the host: -> it's there
        pkg-config --modversion freetype2
        -> 18.0.12

Thanks a lot,
Nik