[ft] Incorrect y position glyph render

From: Edward Lam
Subject: [ft] Incorrect y position glyph render
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:19:24 -0400

Hi,

I'm rendering the text using freetype 2.7 and Adobe's free Source Code Pro [1] font but I can't seem to figure out how to render out the glyphs correctly vertically since it seems that the demo program ftstring also has the same problem. The sample text I'm rendering is '1+4*8' and the '*' character in ftstring isn't being rendered higher than the '+' like it should (eg. on Windows using WordPad). This results in it being hard to tell the difference between the plus and multiply operators. Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Edward

1. https://github.com/adobe-fonts/source-code-pro