Re: [ft] Failure in loading U+033F in DejaVu fonts

From: Khaled Hosny
Subject: Re: [ft] Failure in loading U+033F in DejaVu fonts
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 23:12:02 +0200

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 08:32:48PM +0900, suzuki toshiya wrote:
> Dear Werner,
>
> > Should I consider overwriting (and extend if required)
> > storategy, to minimize the memory management?
>
> If we can assume the recurse_count in load_truetype_glyph()
> is always incrementally changed, it is possible to use
> the index of the node to record the recurse_count.
> This assumption reduces the size of the patch.
>
> To reduce the repeated allocation & freeing the node,
> I fill the unused nodes by gid = -1.

I can not comment on the code, but I confirm this patch fixes the issue
for DejaVu fonts. However I’m having a similar issues with oriya.ttf
font from http://www.indlinux.org/downloads/files/indic-otf-0.2.tar.gz:

$ FT2_DEBUG="any:2" ftview -m ଅ 100 oriya.ttf

Gives the same error, but I can’t ttx the font so it might be broken.

Regards,
Khaled