Re: [ft] TimesNewRomanPSMT ?

From: Nikolay Sivov
Subject: Re: [ft] TimesNewRomanPSMT ?
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 09:28:36 +0300

On 26.10.2015 7:59, Domonic Tom wrote:

Hi
Thanks for replying.

Unfortunately the program is just too big for me to place on the web and
involves multiple other libraries.  To simplify the question, all I am
trying to determine is this.

If I am extracting a font called TimesNewRomanPSMT (The Postscript name
for TimesNewRoman) will freetype support it?  I'm using freetype2.

This entirely depends on your font. No need to attach your whole application, reduce it to a point when it's reproducible with a simple program calling freetype2 API only.

Thanks

 > Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 12:03:38 +0900
 > From: address@hidden
 > To: address@hidden
 > CC: address@hidden
 > Subject: Re: [ft] TimesNewRomanPSMT ?
 >
 > Could you describe more about the trouble?
 > An concrete font stream extracted from the
 > PDF and a sample program that you can cause
 > an error in FreeType2 would be expected.
 >
 > Regards,
 > mpsuzuki
 >
 > Domonic Tom wrote:
 > > If I am parsing a pdf file containing TimesNewRoman (and I believe
the postscript name is TimesNewRomanPSMT), should TimesNewRomanPSMT be
supported by Freetype2? I'm having some trouble getting Freetype to
recognize this font? What do I need to do to so this will select the
right font face?