Re: [ft] Question: linker errors when building freetype for iOS in Xcode

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Question: linker errors when building freetype for iOS in Xcode
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 20:09:25 +0200 (CEST)

> As the `autoconf` and `automake` commands appear valid, I am not
> sure how to proceed.

It's not clear to me why your `builds/unix/configure' script has `('
in the first line!  It should *always* start with a comment, namely
with

  #! /bin/sh

So there are severe problems in your setup, and it's hard to help with
a better diagnosis.

If I have problems with the GNU autotools, I usually install autoconf,
automake, and libtool (and probably m4 also) with the same `--prefix'
configure option (e.g., `--prefix=/usr/local'), regardless whether
they exist on the host OS or not.  I thus suggest that you do that,
too.  Then simply prepend the related binary directory to your PATH
(/usr/local/bin) and restart with `git clean -fdx'.