Re: [ft] Installing Freetype 2.5.3 Linux

From: Michael IV
Subject: Re: [ft] Installing Freetype 2.5.3 Linux
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 01:32:13 +0300

Well,I managed to fix it.I had to put into project include path : usr/include/freetype2  .This solved the problem.

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 12:24 AM, Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> Now I see errors coming from ftheader.h that it doesn't find
> FT_STROKER_H , FT_LCD_FILTER and more header macros.
>
> Are there some additonal steps I have missed here?

From the CHANGES entries for version 2.5.1:

    - The header  file layout  has been changed.   After installation,
      all files are now located in `<prefix>/include/freetype2'.

      Applications  that  use   (a)  `freetype-config'  or  FreeType's
      `pkg-config' file to get the include directory for the compiler,
      and (b) the documented way for header inclusion like

        #include <ft2build.h>
        #include FT_FREETYPE_H

      don't need any change to the source code.

I guess that your C++ project uses hard-coded include paths, which you
have to change accordingly...

Michael Ivanov
Graphics Software
onlygraphix.com