Re: [ft] [ft-devel] ttfautohint 1.00 has been released!

From: Jeremie Hornus
Subject: Re: [ft] [ft-devel] ttfautohint 1.00 has been released!
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 06:56:15 +0100

Hello,

I tried to install it on OS X but it failed for some reasons :(

the command line:
cd ~/src/ttfautohint-1.00
./configure --with-doc=no

stops before finishing and outputs:
checking whether usleep is declared without a macro... yes
checking for HARFBUZZ... no
configure: error: in `/Users/jeremiehornus/src/ttfautohint-1.00':
configure: error: The pkg-config script could not be found or is too old.  Make sure it
is in your PATH or set the PKG_CONFIG environment variable to the full
path to pkg-config.

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables HARFBUZZ_CFLAGS
and HARFBUZZ_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

To get pkg-config, see <http://pkg-config.freedesktop.org/>.
See `config.log' for more details

I understand something went wrong with the HarfBuzz install but what can I do to achieve the complete ttfautohint install ?

kind regards,
Jeremie