Re: [ft] Large delta_y for hinted vs unhinted "COMBINING CARON BELOW" gl

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Large delta_y for hinted vs unhinted "COMBINING CARON BELOW" glyph
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2013 12:29:56 +0100 (CET)

> Forgive me if I misunderstand, but your
> 0001-truetype-Correctly-reset-point-tags-for-glyph-compon.patch fixes
> one issue, in that the circumflex for glyph #2171 was half 'high' and
> half 'low' when hinted. After applying the patch, the circumflex is
> entirely 'low', the same as glyph #733,

Correct.

> but that still looks wrong to
> me (when comparing hinted vs unhinted).

Yep.

> In other words, the problem I noted in the original post I made 7
> days ago still isn't fixed, and that's the thing we're waiting for a
> response from Microsoft, right?

It *is* fixed with a follow-up commit which you probably have missed:

  commit 5e225b7c15e6c6ff8b4b7059597319b26271bc67
  Author: Werner Lemberg <address@hidden>
  Date:   Wed Nov 6 08:41:59 2013 +0100

    [truetype] Fix handling of phantom points in composite glyphs.
    Problem reported by Nigel Tao <address@hidden>.

    This is a follow-up commit to the previous one.

    * src/truetype/ttgload.c (load_truetype_glyph): Call
    `tt_get_metrics' after loading the glyph header.