[ft] Text outline rendering

From: Yves Daoust
Subject: [ft] Text outline rendering
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:05:10 +0200

                Hi All,

I am new to FreeType.

I am involved in a project where text needs to be rendered in vector form. I mean I have text strings, font information (TTF), possible geometric transforms, and I need to generate the corresponding outlines in vector form (sequences of Bezier arcs, so just lists of control point coordinates; I don’t need the rendered bitmap).

After a first search in the documentation, I am convinced that all the required machinery is there but I want to be sure this is feasible. If yes, where can I start ?

Regards,

                Yves Daoust