[ft] Bug with Apple's GungSeo font?

From: Khaled Hosny
Subject: [ft] Bug with Apple's GungSeo font?
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 07:10:09 +0200

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this has been reported for, but if it was, I couldn't find it.
FreeType fails to open Apple's GungSeo font (/Library/Fonts/Gungseouche.ttf)
returning 0x003 error code (which I believe is FT_Err_Invalid_File_Format
error). The font seems to be buggy, as FontForge shows the following errors when
opening it (but it opens it nevertheless):

Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=9.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=9.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=10.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=10.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=12.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=12.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=14.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=14.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=16.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=16.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=18.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=18.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=20.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=20.
First=232, last=231.
Bad format of subtable 1 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=24.
First=232, last=177.
Bad format of subtable 4 (of 6) in bloc/EBLC of strike with pixelsize=24.
First=232, last=231.

Since all the errors seem to be related to the embedded bitmaps which I don't
use anyway, is it possible to tell FreeType to ignore the 'bloc' table when
opening the font?

Regards,
Khaled