Re: [ft] FreeType and Direct X (was: License question)

From: Leo Hourvitz
Subject: Re: [ft] FreeType and Direct X (was: License question)
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 08:06:08 +0900

Takeyoshi -

I've used FreeType on Windows at small font sizes on previous projects with no problem (albeit that was a few years ago).  While I personally haven't used it in a DirectX project, a web search for "FreeType DirectX" shows a number of folks who report success with it, including at least one with sample source code:
    http://isometrictiger.wordpress.com/2011/01/14/font-rendering-in-direct3d-11/
I haven't compiled and run that code, but it looks like exactly the example you were asking for.

Leo