Re: [ft] Question for Freetype2

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] Question for Freetype2
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 07:27:18 +0100 (CET)

> I'm using freetype2 lib to draw chars, it works well in most of
> time. However, error code 98(0x62, Raster Overflow) occurs sometimes
> when I call FT_Load_Char().  And the error still happens when I set
> FT_RENDER_POOL_SIZE to 32768L(32k) instead of 16384L(16k).  I just
> use FT_Init_FreeType( &m_Library ) to initilise the FT_Library, I
> think it means that the raster stuff is not touched by me.

It's hard to say what's causing the problem without more details.  To
analyze this, we need a small, stand-alone, compilable code sample
(together with the font) which exactly exhibits the bug.

It might also be helpful if you activate the compilation options
FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_ERROR and FT_DEBUG_LEVEL_TRACE, then setting

  FT2_DEBUG=any:7

in your environment to get very detailed tracing messages (see
docs/DEBUG for more).