[ft] Question for Freetype2

From: hy198943
Subject: [ft] Question for Freetype2
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 10:35:18 +0800

Hi,
I'm a freetype2 lib user and I encount a problem which I cannot figure it out by reading documents. Thus I write the email and hope someone can help me. Thanks!

I'm using freetype2 with libgd to create a png image which contains 4 chars which can be english letters or numbers. Chars are rotated and distorted. The program works fine on Kubuntu ,Windows 7 and Debian5 (32bits). However, there is a bug on Debian5(64bits), sometimes some chars will not be shown. I've saw one image which gets 3 chars shown normally but the other one disappeared. Although the char disappeared, the place of this char is still left. Therefore I guess there is something wrong when I call FT_Load_Char().

Another difference between the Debian5(32bits) and Debian5(64bits) environment is that 32bits system uses freetype2.3.7 and 64bits system uses freetype2.4.2. I cannot find a freetype2.3.7 package for Debian5 32bits now so it is hard to test it.

I'm just wondering that if there is anyone  knows that different freetype version or difference between 32bits and 64bits system will lead to my problem. If someone knows it, please tell me. Thank you very much!

Regards,
Zheng Fang
2012-10-15
2012-10-15