Re: [ft] error with redhat

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] error with redhat
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 20:49:12 +0900

One of the point I have to emphasize is:
if you dislike the efforts to recover a Linux system which is confused
by overwriting installation of unmanaged software package (I know some
people could enjoy it), do not set the prefix as "--prefix=/usr".
It will overwrite existing software (managed/configured by the system
installer and package manager), and the system would be something like
a minefield which you cannot be sure all mines are swept.

In summary, I recommend you to reinstall the system and set the prefix
to the directory that the system software won't look, like,
/home/zhang/freetype-2.4.8/
etc.

Regards,
mpsuzuki