[ft] TT_PLATFORM_MACINTOSH : which mapping converts Unicode into the exp

From: Tom Sanham
Subject: [ft] TT_PLATFORM_MACINTOSH : which mapping converts Unicode into the expected encoding?
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 13:19:59 +0100

Hello

When a FT_CharMapRec has

  .encoding=FT_ENCODING_NONE

  .platform_id=TT_PLATFORM_MACINTOSH

  .encoding_id=<whatever>

My question is: for the possible values of .encoding_id, how does one figure out which mapping to use to convert from a Unicode value to the value expected by FT_Get_Char_Index?

(In experiment, I have found that when .encoding_id=TT_MAC_ID_JAPANESE, I can convert Unicode values through the mapping specified at the following URL. What about the other values of .encoding_id?)

ftp://ftp.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE/JAPANESE.TXT

Thank you

Tom