Re: [ft] Installing freetype

From: suzuki toshiya
Subject: Re: [ft] Installing freetype
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 17:18:59 +0900

Hi,

The relationship between your trouble and your question is unclear.
I guess what you want is SDL text output. If you ask the question
about the installation of FreeType2 in this list, the replies would
be the information to install FreeType2 as self-standing library,
without the combination with SDL. Thus, the description how you
installed SDL and how SDL_ttf failed (if you got any error or warning
message, they should be provided without filtering) would be useful
for the subscribers of this list to understand if the question could
be considered in this list, or should be asked in SDL (or MinGW)
user community.

Regards,
mpsuzuki

Lars Brämer wrote:
Hello list,

my name is Lars,42, MCSE. I like to install FreetTpe2 make use it with via
the SDL API, or better said the SDL_ttf library which is a wrapper for
FreeType2.

My System is VISTA64/MinGW32/SDL
I have to admit that I am not a splendid programmer. But I have MinGW32
successfully
installed and the SDL API inclusive SDL_mixer, which is a Audio library.

When I now install SDL_ttf it seems to be right, but I get no text output.
the compilation runs well.

When I look at my installation it feels that I have never successfully installed
FreeType2. Please excuse my clumbsy question, but what have I exactly to do if
I wish to insatll FreeType2 on my VISTA64/MinGW setup?

Thanks,
Lars